Sunday, July 18, 2010

Waiting



John Waller - While I'm Waiting Lyrics
I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful, I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful, But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident

Taking every step in obedience
 
While I'm waiting, I will serve You
While I'm waiting, I will worship
While I'm waiting, I will not faint
I'll be running the race, Even while I wait

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You, Lord

And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy, But faithfully, I will wait


This song has been in my head lately. There's 10 days today til my due date. Lana was born 4 days early, so if this one is the same, then I've got less than a week til this one will be here. In some ways I feel so ready - this pregnancy has been so long and so emotional for us and I'm ready for our little one to be here so we can start our life together with her. But in other ways I don't feel ready at all - I still feel in so many ways completely unprepared. Actually, I still haven't even finished packing my hospital bag yet. Sometimes I feel like I could go into labour any time - I'm having far more contractions than I did with Lana at this stage (or maybe I just recognise the signs more this time around), but then I also feel like it might happen a bit later this time as well. 

I guess there's not much really I can do at this stage besides just waiting. And packing my hospital bag. But mostly, I know I just need to wait...

3 comments:

  1. Nik, do you have a guest blogger lined up to let us know when the little one arrives? I know for the next week I'll be anxiously checking your blog for information. I can't wait to see pictures of her =) I have no doubt that she'll be one beautiful little girl, and Lana will be an awesome big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So strange that you would post this song. It's the exact song that i've had stuck in my mind all day! Praying for you guys, and anxiously waiting on the lil one to arrive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are keeping you in our prayers and thoughts!!! Wow! 10 more days and you will be holding your sweet little one!!! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete