Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Maddy Cuddles

Bernard and I have both had the chance to give Maddy cuddles :) She's so snuggly, I can't wait to be able to get her home and snuggle with her on the sofa instead of the hard plastic hospital chairs!! 

Here's some of the pics for you all to enjoy :)


In other Maddy news, I mentioned yesterday, she's now off all the machines other than the monitors. She is still being fed primarily through the feeding tube, however they're going to start "oral stimulation" with the occupational therapist soon to help her remember her sucking reflexes. She's very stable and I wish we could bring her home already. The doctors want to wait until after the MRI though which is meant to be another 2 weeks away. I'm going to keep asking them every day though, because in my opinion, if she's stable enough to be at home, and if there's no medical reason for her to be there other than just waiting for a test, I'd rather her be at home and I can bring her back for the MRI... I don't know if the doctors would be open to that but I figure if I keep telling them it's my preference (in a nice way of course), it can't hurt and it may help... I don't want for her to have to spend her entire first MONTH in NICU!! Especially if she's healthy and stable. We're hoping and praying that she can come home soon... we need more of those cuddles!!

5 comments:

  1. awwww.... finally! What a cutie! The feeling of holding her must be incredible! Andrew Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nic... God choose the right family for her. Every time I read your blog and look at the pictures, I'm in awe of your strength and spirit - both you and Bernard. Bless the both of you! She's a gorgeous girl born into the arms of such wonderful people :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What darling pictures! I'm so glad you can hold her now, and I'm looking forward to your post saying she's home with you. :-)
    ~Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your posts for awhile. It's so great to see you and your baby after reading so many months!! Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddy is doing great! we didn't get to hold Tyler for 17days post birth and he spent 50 days in the QM. It was really hard to manage our time between the hospital and our toddler at home who couldn't understand what was going on. Hang in there, she will get to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete