Friday, September 10, 2010

Two new firsts :)

Today when I visited Maddy, we had two more "firsts".

Today was the first time that she was DEFINITELY smiling :) :) For the past week or so, there have been some times where I thought "Was that a smile, or was it just gas?" but today she was really smiling and responding to me talking to her. It was soooo sweet - I wish I had my camera or video. I know it's really hard to catch those first smiles on film though (why do we still say "film" when everything's digital now?) - I remember that from when Lana was the same age... but it was so precious that it brought tears to my eyes :)

The other "first" was slightly less charming - when I was about to bath Maddy, half way between her bed and getting her in the bath, she peed all over me! Now I'm feeling a bit more like a "normal Mum" than a "NICU mum". It's a good feeling to have :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so precious, you may not have it on "film" but it is recorded here on your blog. I get soo excited when I read what Maddy is up too. Not only does it bring a smile to my face but also tears in my eyes. When I saw the photos yesterday I was crying tears of joy just to see that Maddy is being bathed by you and that she is being stimulated with toys. She will be a joy to the staff at the hospital I am sure. Keep looking up my girl. God is working it all out in His way, even though it may be hard to see. He too is smiling at you. Love always, Mum.

    ReplyDelete