Thursday, January 19, 2012

Top 10 posts of 2011

I've been wanting to write this post since the beginning of the year - and here it is, nearly three weeks later. It's always fun to look back at the year - and so here are the top 10 posts of last year. 


Top Five by number of views:
In this post, I discuss the medical implications of dwarfism, and in particular, the possible risks that Maddy has being a diastrophic dwarf. Maddy is not "sick" - but she does have a much higher risk of a number of medical complications due to her dwarfism.

I was actually surprised that this one was not #1 - it was the first of my posts that really was reposted elsewhere. In this post, I discuss my feelings on God and disability, and explain why I believe that God designed Maddy especially to have dwarfism, and I don't pray for Him to change that.

This post may be included just because it was my only post for the month of May - but in it, I discuss the first time that someone approached me and asked questions about Maddy's dwarfism.

This post has some really cute pictures!! It was way back in January last year, when Maddy was just starting to figure out how to use her hands.

This post has the video that we made for Maddy's dedication, along with the lyrics to the SCC song that we used. I still love that song and video - what a celebration of Maddy's first 10 months!!


My own personal top five (in chronological order):
This post is probably one of my best written ones - short but sweet. I tend to waffle on a bit, I know. In it, I talk about the beauty of a dad helping his daughter with special needs at Disneyland.

A look at how Maddy uses her hands - it still fascinates me, she uses her fingers almost like chopsticks. This post has some good pictures as well.

Meeting Alison was one of the best things that happened in 2011. Alison has the same form of dwarfism as Maddy, and I hope that we stay in touch for years to come.

A letter to Maddy on her birthday. This post also has two cute videos!! 

Lana noticed that Maddy was different to other babies (or actually, that other babies were different to her) and asked me why. This is what I told my not-even three year old. 


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment