Thursday, June 20, 2013

Off to the US of A!

I have been so busy lately that I don't even know if I have mentioned on this blog yet, we are off to North America TOMORROW! We will spend most of our time between New York and New Brunswick, Canada and will be gone for a total of four weeks. This trip has been a long time coming - we were planning a trip to the US when I was pregnant with Maddy and we cancelled it due to the complications. It is somewhat ironic that this time, we are going having just heard similar (but oh so different) news. 

Most of this trip will be spent just the four of us, travelling around through New England. But there are two "highlights" of this trip. First of all, my younger brother is finally marrying the girl I told him ten years ago was perfect for him! And my two girls will be flower girls :)

Secondly, we plan to go and see the leading orthopedic surgeon in Maddy's diagnosis, Dr William Mackenzie. I've heard nothing but good things about Dr Mackenzie and am eager to have his opinion on Maddy's condition and future treatment options. I'm thankful that our orthopedic doctors are willing to consult with him as it's unlikely that we will be able to travel to the US for surgeries. 

We will have other highlights as well, NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, roadtripping through coastal Maine... but those are the two main "events". The rest will be a whole lot of relaxing and spending time together. 

I probably won't be blogging much over the next four (or five) weeks until we settle in back to HK, but you never know. 

I also want to thank so many of you who in the last 24 hours have poured out so much love and support for Bernard and I. I'm thankful to have such good friends.

Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! I'm in the Boston area. If you need some suggestions for what to do in Boston/Boston area, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you will be so close! I am on Long Island! Lyla see Dr. Mackenzie and he is the BEST! You will love him! Have a safe trip and I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful daughters as flower girls. I will be in Washington DC for the LPA national conference. If you ever want to meet up just contact me. Would love to meet my friends over seas! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete