Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Maddy's wheelchair test

Today Maddy had her first try of a wheelchair.


To be honest, I had my doubts about whether it was the right time to pursue getting a chair for Maddy, whether it would be beneficial, whether she'd be able to steer it well, whether she'd even like it. Watching her be able to drive herself around, however, all my doubts evaporated and now I am positive that having a chair would be a GREAT thing for her - it would increase her mobility exponentially - and she definitely is ready for it.

Maddy was SO excited by it and kept saying "I love it! I love it! I'll be careful not to run anyone over. It's much faster than walking!" She was careful and deliberate about steering and the joy on her face was unmistakable.

Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we will not be able to pursue this in Hong Kong but I want to make it a top priority as soon as we arrive in Australia. I know realistically it may take some time, but I want to do everything within my power to make sure she has access to this kind of mobility as soon as possible. 


1 comment:

  1. She's a good driver ;) It will be great for her to can use this device!

    ReplyDelete